**Update, December 2017 – we’re fully booked for parties and other private or ticketed events for the rest of the year. Our first scheduled public performance of 2018 is currently Friday 9 February at The Old White Swan in York. You can see all of our latest dates for 2018 here.**
If you’re thinking of booking us for your event, or if you just want a good night out, there’s plenty of opportunities to catch up with us this year.
The Old White Swan is our regualar monthly gig in York. The pub serves great food as well as cracking beer. We’re always trying out new numbers at these gigs, so come on down for a sneak preview! We usually start things around 9pm.
We’re also really pleased to be playing at York Racecourse for several dates in their 2017 racing calendar. For most of these shows we’ll be performing after the last race, between 5pm and 7pm. However, on 1 July we’ll be there as soon as the gates open and we’ll be performing throughout the day!
Finally, we’ll be making our first visit to the Ship Inn in Strensall as part of their bank holiday beer festival. We’re already arguing over who’s driving back from that one!
We’ll be adding more dates as they’re announced, but right now our diary for public performances looks like this:
- Friday 3 February – Old White Swan, York
- Friday 3 March – Old White Swan, York
- Friday 7 April – Old White Swan, York
- Friday 5 May – Old White Swan, York
- Saturday 27 May – York Racecourse (after racing)
- Sunday 28 May – Ship Inn, Strensall (Beer festival, with Maria singing)
- Friday 2 June – Old White Swan, York
- Saturday 17 June – York Racecourse (after racing)
- Saturday 1 July – York Racecourse (all day)
- Friday 7 July – Old White Swan, York
- Saturday 15 July – York Racecourse (after racing)
- Friday 11 August – Old White Swan, York
- Friday 1 September – Old White Swan, York
- Friday 20 October – Golden Lion, York
So, if your function band tell you they only play private events and you will have to make do with a CD or DVD, remember that you wouldn’t book any other element of your special night without sampling it first, and come and see The Players LIVE to see what we have to offer.